The available large variety of furniture and textiles makes it fun to create your own modern vintage design for the bedroom. The most important feature here is to coordinate textiles with the color shade of the fabric:
* Having decided for a color shade you like to have, you should stick to that when finalizing your bedding. Yet, feel free to coordinate different shades with the texture of the fabric. For instance, try cream and khaki with chocolate brown, lime green with olive green and light blue with rich purple and dark brown. Combining white with any color gives you a crisp contrast.
* Look for a bed sheet in traditional but appealing style. Floral patterns, paisley and pinstripes are excellent options but a surprising color like orange, bright green and turquoise brings s feeling of freshness and modernity.
* As far as pillows are concerned, you should know that a mattress with four or five cautiously chosen pillows makes a better impression than a bed that has a few pillows in varying sizes and shapes. Explore the possibility of incorporating knife-edge pillow, box edge pillow or flange pillow embroidered in sold color and add a bit of flair.
Modern Vintage Clothing Storage
Visit some thrift stores and antique shops and look for classic storage accessories for clothing:
* A stand alone wardrobe would look great if you have high ceiling and the room is big enough not get crowded with the massive size of such a wardrobe. You may like to give it the looks of a weather beaten piece by suitably painting it in an appropriate color. You could remove the doors of the impressive wardrobe and expose the storage space therein. You can also add some color to the space by having vases and baskets for accessories.
* For storage of extra beds or out of season clothing follow the traditional way of positioning a storage chest or trunk at the foot of the bed. You may consider having old fashioned trunk or modern pieces made using rattan, bamboo and shiny dark wood.
* It will be an excellent idea to have a hat rack with vintage design to store belts, t-shirts, hand scarves and neckties.
Modern Vintage Bedroom Furniture
Some sure places for procuring vintage furniture are Craigslist, EBay, estate sales and antique malls:
* These days it’s not difficult to get a variety of bed frames that bring modern vintage feel to mind. You can choose from sleigh beds, four poster bed and wrought-iron frames. You can give a fresh look to an old antique bed frame by using a paint that is suitable for application on metals. The frame may be painted in white to get a neat look or in silver color to get a funky feel.
* Visit antique malls and look for stuff that could be exploited to have unique bedside tables. Search for tobacco stands, empty barrels, tea trays in vintage designs and even small drawer units. You can brighten these items by applying a coat of an appropriate paint. It helps to cove the blemishes while keeping the color scheme streamlines all through the room.
* Modern vintage lighting for the bedroom should comprise of easy lighting fixture that has an antiquated look without being cluttered. For bedtime reading it will be thoughtful to have scones whereas rooms with a high ceiling could be provided with a chandelier to get a graceful glow. In case you have an old chandelier, paint it in silver or white color.